Friday, December 4, 2009

Sackboy

Sackboy
I've been wanting to make this adorable character from the PS game "LittleBigPlanet" for a while, I finally completed him yesterday!

SackBoy is made with brown flannel carefully double stitched and the zipper is in foam.

I must admit I had some problems creating him because of the fabric: flannel is more elastic than felt and I'm not used to it, so I had trouble making/keeping the shapes.
In fact I had to remake the head twice and even now I'm not entirely satisfied with it.
Of course we're also our own worse critics- my Beloved absolutely loves his new game related plush and thinks it perfect which is all I need to continue with my crafting (*smile*)

Since it's now officially Christmas season I thought it appropriate to make SackBoy his own felt Santa hat, which he seems to like.
Even Kirby is wearing one!

I'm not sure what my next creation will be.
I have to post-pone my projects to work on my Beloved's Christmas Presents from his Wish List which I'm still waiting to receive so I can get started.
So many things to do and so little time!

Btw when will they make "LittleBigPlanet" for Wii??

Note: I'll be remaking 4 characters from the "Xmas Plush Collection" for my Etsy Shop because my Beloved's adopted mother bought them yesterday.
Considering nobody here has showed interest enough to purchase them I don't think it'll be a problem...

3 comments:

  1. Awww, he is soo cute and I love the little santa hat you've given him. My oldest boy is a big SackBoy fan and the game gets played a lot here. I've consider crocheting one for him many times but never seem to get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adesso si che ci siamo! E' veramente bello!! Mi piace da matti col cappellino, e la bocca ora è perfetta!
    Sono contenta per le adozioni di Natale....
    E non ti preoccupare se hai due lettori in meno, meglio pochi ma buoni fidati! Dai su poi ci sono io che valgo per tre!
    kissss

    ReplyDelete
  3. ciao, mi dispiace sapere che c'è chi segue solo per i premi...Questo tuo lavoro è fantastico.Io ho fatto un albero di natale con i pupazzi per dita dell'ikea ed è carinissimo!Figurati se ci fossero le tue creazioni...sarebbe una meraviglia!

    ReplyDelete