Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Duckies!

The first ducky is handmade in foam using pattern found in Quilt Maker slightly modified by me; The second wacky ducky is handmade in fabric & felt using pattern found in My Soft Toys Corner

Mom's visit went very well, in fact better than we expected and we were really sorry to see her go. Summer Semester started last week. We're still rather broke but fortunately I've enough material for the next projects such as giving my Pullip a make-over and creating game related plushies for my fiance and his nephew.

Btw did anyone else notice the plush patterns now sold in Walmart? I was drooling! I want to try to get ahold of some when we have the extra cash.

Note: I learnt a new type of stitching called BlanketStitching thanks to the Wacky Ducky pattern; to be honest I think it would stand out more in a single colored fabric especially when using a thread color which is different from the fabric color. Ah well, learn from your mistakes and all that...

2 comments: